Lecture slides - Nov 2018, Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
- Module 00 - Introduction to the intructors, course overview, precision medicine
- Module 01 - Cloud computing, UNIX/Linux OS, bioinformatics tool installation, course website review
- Module 02 - Intro to References, Annotations, and Raw Data
- Module 03 - Intro to Alignment Algorithms, Visualization, and QC
- Module 04 - Intro to Germline WGS and Exome Variant Analysis
- Module 05 - Intro to Somatic WGS and Exome Variant Analysis
- Module 06 - Intro to RNAseq Analysis
- Module 07 - Intro to Clinical Applications
- Module 08 - Intro to Immunogenomic Analysis
- Module 09 - Intro to the Common Workflow Language
Getting help after the course
We will try our best to respond to personal requests for advise via email (but we can’t make any guarantees).
If you have a question, comment or suggestion specifically relating to the content of this course you can submit a github issue: pmbio issues.
Apart from just Googling your question, there are some active online forums that are very good for asking questions and finding answers:
- Biostars (bioinformatics focused, probably the best resource for those kinds of issues)
- SeqAnswers (genomics focused with discussion of molecular biology as well as analysis)
- Bioinformatics Stack Exchange
- StackOverflow (for general issues with tools, installation, error messages, etc).
Companion online workshops
Other in-person workshops we recommend
- Canadian Bioinformatics Workshops (Toronto, Canada)
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Courses (New York, USA)
- Evomics (Český Krumlov, Czech Republic)
- Physalia (Berlin, Germany)
- PR Informatics (Glasgow, UK)
Background reading material
Somatic CNV Calling
Article on WGS CNV calling